If you are aware of any other information for this person, please let me know.
As there are thousands of people in these records, please be sure to include the ID number shown immediately below the person's name (in the format #xxxx) so I will know who you are referring to.
Please note: Some information is suppressed from display for people who are known to be living.
|Father||Gaetano Girimonti b. 3 Feb 1888, d. 12 Feb 1953|
|Mother||Vincenza Teodora Mazza b. 3 Sep 1891, d. 27 Dec 1981|
Joseph Edward Girimont1
|Education*||Completed: 4 Years of High School2|
|Birth*||15 November 1920||Galloway, Barbour, West Virginia, USA3|
|(Witness) Census||15 April 1930||Gaetano Girimonti; Improved Concrete Road, Galloway, Barbour, West Virginia, USA4|
|(Son) Census||2 April 1940||(Head of Household) Gaetano Girimonti, Vincenza Teodora Mazza; Galloway, Barbour, West Virginia, USA5|
|Address||1942||719 5th Avenue, Coraopolis, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, USA1|
|Description*||4 August 1942||Height: 5'8", Weight: 149 lbs.2|
|Milit-Beg*||18 August 1942||Fort George G. Meade, Maryland, USA; Branch: U.S. Army|
Rank: Private, Drafted
Serial No.: 332869342,1,6
|Military*||between 18 August 1942 and 28 April 1943||Domestic Service1|
|Military||between 29 April 1943 and 2 November 1945||Foreign Service1|
|Military||between 3 November 1945 and 7 November 1945||Domestic Service1|
|Milit-End*||7 November 1945||Fort George G. Meade, Maryland, USA1,6|
|Address*||1950||P.O. Box 37, Galloway, Barbour, West Virginia, USA1|
|Military||9 May 1950||Compensation received: $5001|
Joseph Edward Girimont (#708)
WWII Veteran Compensation
09 May 1950
|Death*||6 May 2004||6|
|Found in Census||Census Index|
|Served in Military||Military Index|
|Charts||C8 - Francesco Girimonte (#5663) (c1754 - 1816)|
|Last Edited||16 Jan 2014|
- [S522] Veteran Compensation Applications, WWII,1950 [database on-line] (Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.). Hereinafter cited as Veteran Compensation Applications, WWII,1950.
- [S242] U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 [database online]. Provo, Utah: MyFamily.com, Inc. (n.p.: n.pub.). Hereinafter cited as WW II Army Enlistment Record.
- [S25] Letter from Victor Girimont (3809 Schiller Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44109) to William Joseph Girimonti III.
- [S178] U.S. Federal Census (1930).
- [S452] U.S. Federal Census (1940), E.D. 1-11, Sheet 1A, Line 39-40 & Sheet 1B, Line 41-48.
- [S524] Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010. [database on-line].. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry, Inc., 2011. Hereinafter cited as Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File.
I would love to receive your feedback regarding this or any other person contained in this research
All information contained on this page is believed to be accurate, but there are bound to be mistakes or omissions at times. All sources are cited so others can verify the data displayed. Please feel free to correct, validate, question, add or simply communicate regarding any of the information contained on this page.