If you are aware of any other information for this person, please let me know.
As there are thousands of people in these records, please be sure to include the ID number shown immediately below the person's name (in the format #xxxx) so I will know who you are referring to.
Please note: Some information is suppressed from display for people who are known to be living.
|Father||Giosafatto Lacalamita b. 22 Feb 1889, d. 1 Jun 1955|
|Mother||Caterina Losquadro b. 4 Jan 1899, d. 14 Jul 1982|
William Joseph LaCalamito1
|Relationships||Great-uncle of William Joseph Girimonti III|
Great-uncle of Daniel Lux
|Birth*||1922||Bronx, Bronx, New York, USA2|
|Occupation*||U.S. Naval Reserve: Seaman First Class1|
|(Son) Census||1 June 1925||(Head of Household) Joseph Lacalamito, Katie Lacalamito; 1082 Hall Place, Bronx, Bronx, New York, USA, 40.825739,-73.897144G3|
|(Son) Census||15 April 1930||Giosafatto Lacalamita; 1116 Intervale Avenue, Bronx, Bronx, New York, USA, 40.826667,-73.896389G4|
|(Son) Census||4 April 1940||(Head of Household) Giosafatto Lacalamita, Caterina Losquadro; 1148 Tiffany Street, Bronx, Bronx, New York, USA, 40.827500,-73.895000G5|
|Death*||21 January 1945||USS Ticonderoga; Died in a WWII Kamikaze attack.2,1|
William Joseph Lacalamito (#138)
WWII Death Notice
21 Jan 1945
|Burial*||January 1945||Manila, Philippines6|
|Found in Census||Census Index|
|Served in Military||Military Index|
|Last Edited||25 Sep 2017|
- [S276] "World War II Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Casualties, 1941-1945"; Ancestry.com; Provo, Utah, USA. Hereinafter cited as "World War II Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Casualties."
- [S13] Letter from Maria LaCalamita (Westchester, New York, USA) to William Joseph Girimonti III.
- [S456] New York State Census (1925), Block 3, ED 4, AD 5, Page 5, Line 1-6.
- [S178] U.S. Federal Census (1930).
- [S452] U.S. Federal Census (1940), E.D. 3-592, Sheet 5B, Line 47-56.
- [S309] Find A Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi. Hereinafter cited as Find A Grave.
I would love to receive your feedback regarding this or any other person contained in this research
All information contained on this page is believed to be accurate, but there are bound to be mistakes or omissions at times. All sources are cited so others can verify the data displayed. Please feel free to correct, validate, question, add or simply communicate regarding any of the information contained on this page.